Ingredients for Rice Stuffed Eggplant
- Medium-sized eggplant 4 pieces
- Hard cheese 150 grams
- Feta Cheese 100 grams
- Any rice, the main thing is that it be crumbly 1/3 cup
- Tomato in its own juice 150 ml
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Salt at its discretion
- Ground black pepper at own discretion
- Seasonings to your liking
- Main Ingredients: Eggplant, Rice
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Saucepan, Frying pan, Cutlery, Baking tray, Foil, Serving plate or portion plates
Cooking Eggplant Stuffed with Rice:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Rice must be washed very thoroughly under running water several times and drain in a colander. Then you need to cook it in a pan so that it turns out to be friable, but not completely, better half ready. We wash the eggplants with cold water and clear of the tail. Cut in half and carefully remove the core, trying as close to the skin as possible. I usually do this with a tablespoon, the main thing do not damage the integrity of the eggplant. Pour clean water into the pan, salt a little and put the eggplant boiled. Immediately after boiling waiting 2 minutes and take out the boats. Let it cool. Care must be taken not to digest, because they will turn out to be tasteless, and it will be difficult to fill them with rice.
Step 2: Cook the minced rice and tomato.
Step 3: Mix the ingredients.Feta cheese is cut into cubes and mixed in a deep bowl with fried eggplant pulp, boiled rice and stewed tomatoes (take a couple of spoons, no more). Salt is not required, since Feta is salty in itself.
Step 4: Stuffing EggplantAt the bottom of the pan cover the foil and grease a little tomato sauce. I advise you to pour a little so that the eggplant is not too soft afterwards. We put the boats in the form and stuff them with the finished mixture of rice and feta cheese. Rub hard cheese on top and again moisten with a little sauce. Preheat the oven up to 180 degrees and send the pan there until the cheese melts.
Step 5: Serve the eggplant stuffed with rice.Ready eggplant can be sprinkled with parsley or dill. You can use it both in hot and in cold form. Good appetite!
- - For even more satiety, you can add pieces of finely chopped chicken or any other meat to the minced rice, as well as minced meat.
- - Rice is best to take the highest quality, so that it turns out to be crumbly, but also ready at the same time.
- - If the eggplant has a too thick peel, then it can be cut off with a very thin layer so as not to ruin the shape of the boat.