Ingredients for making mullet in batter
- Mullet 500 g
- Breadcrumbs 4 table. spoons
- Chicken eggs 2 pcs.
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Mix of fish spices to taste
- Oil (olive, sunflower) for frying
- Greens (parsley, dill) for decoration
- Main Ingredients Mullet, Eggs
- Portion 3-4
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Paper napkins, Deep plates - 2 pcs, Fork or whisk, Stove, Frying pan, Culinary spatula, Skimmer
Cooking mullet in batter:
Step 1: Cut and prepare the fish.Fresh mullet is best for cooking. It is necessary to rinse it with running water, clean it of scales and, cutting the abdomen, remove the gills and gut. Cut the mullet in batch pieces and rinse again. Let the excess water drain along with the internal liquid of the fish, and then dry the pieces with paper towels so that the breadcrumbs do not soak during the breading and the oil does not splatter when frying.
Step 2: Prepare the batter and breading for the fish.
Step 3: Fry the mullet.Pour a little vegetable oil into a pan with thick walls, and turn on the burner. Dip the pieces of mullet first in a batter of beaten eggs, and then roll in breadcrumbs and spread on a heated frying pan. We reduce the fire to medium and fry the fish from all sides until golden brown for 10-15 minutes. Then we cover the pan with a lid, reduce the fire to a minimum and keep the fish in this state for another 3-4 minutes. Then turn off the stove and set the table. If you want to save the fish from excess oil, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer it to paper napkins - they will absorb excess fat.
Step 4: Serve the prepared roasted mullet ...
Step 5: .Mullet fried in batter is suitable for a regular lunch or dinner, as well as a snack for the holiday. This dish goes well with any side dish, and especially with fresh vegetable salads. You can decorate the fish with lemon slices or chopped herbs. Dry white wine perfectly emphasizes the delicate taste of fried mullet. Enjoy your meal!
- - Instead of breadcrumbs, you can use flour, wheat or corn - the latter option is ideal for a holiday.
- - Serve roasted mullet in both hot and cold.
- - As spices for fish are well suited: marjoram, nutmeg, savory, rosemary, sage, caraway seeds, basil.
- - You can serve fried mullet with peanut or other sauce.
- - If you do not put the fish in a hot pan, the pieces may stick, and then the dish will be spoiled.